We have started rolling out our latest version update for Android version 5.0.6, including:
- target SDK update – Android Oreo (API level 26 or higher)
- New Shoutouts feature – listeners can record and send you brief audio messages
- general bug fixes and performance improvements
We will run this update automatically for all Pro and Plus plan apps. For apps on the Core plan, you can request the update following this guide.
Shoutouts feature coming to iOS soon.
New version of the Premium app for Android is almost ready including:
- Playlists will have an action bar (when tapping on the album cover), with 3 actions
- Video – this will play the video of the song
- Share – this will share the song
- buy URL – will send to itunes to purchase this soung
- Favorites will have the same actions, so once a user has Liked a song, and it’s added to the Favorites they can then see a video of the song, share it, or buy it
- Video page will use an embedded YouTube player and not via webview. This is a much nicer and smoother user experience.
- When playing an item in On Demand, users will be able to skip backward and forward between items in the list. And On Demand will support autostart of new items when current track is finished.
- Video page will support playlist as well as individual videos. Once a playlist is selected, the user can go backward and forward in the playlist.
- Added support will be coming for SoundCloud playlist
- Added exit function to the menu (Android only)
- Push notification will automatically trigger when a new YouTube clip is updated in the connected account.
All features will soon follow for iOS as well.